Walking the Talk – The Path to a Sustainable Future
Today Kimberly-Clark Australia & New Zealand launched the 2009 Sustainability Report to key clients, sustainability partners, stakeholders and the media. View highlights from the event here.
Mark Wynne, Managing Director Australia & New Zealand and President South Asia opened the event with a speech answering the topic 'What makes a global sustainability leader?' Highlights included Kimberly-Clark Australia's 2009 Sustainability achievements:
- Between 2003 - 2009, reduced water usage by the equivalent of 1,320 Olympic swimming pools
- In 2009 reduced or recycled over 97% of waste produced
- Helped commercialise the first post-consumer nappy composter in New Zealand
- Celebrated 10 years without a lost time injury at the Albury mill
- Contributed over $1M to community investments in 2009
Guest speakers included Ian Kiernan AO, Chairman, Clean Up Australia on 'Business' role in the bigger picture', as well as Kate Carnell AO, CEO, Australian Food & Grocery Councilon 'Balancing industry pressures with consumer expectations.'
You can view the full report here.